Levy News and Updates
The New Zealand Fire Service Commission is actively reviewing arrangements that it considers may not comply with the Fire Service Act 1975 including:
- arrangements that cover multiple properties and limit the indemnity cover to a sum or sums less than the indemnity value of the property insured; and
- arrangements that are similar or analogous to a contract of fire insurance but are claimed to be exempt from levy
- arrangements that purport to be one contract of fire insurance yet appear to be many individual contracts of fire insurance.
The New Zealand Fire Service Commission is also actively interested in:
- organisations with offshore insurance arrangements: and
- the systems maintained by insurance companies and insurance brokers for recording and accounting for the Fire Service Levy.