To work for the New Zealand Fire Service you need to be a permanent resident of New Zealand or have a current work permit. Australian citizens can work freely in New Zealand. Please refer to the New Zealand Immigration Service for further information.
Team Leader Fire Information Unit
National Risk Reduction Group
Our vision is to lead integrated fire and emergency services for a safer New Zealand and we want you to be part of it!
Do you have the skills to lead a small team of people who serve the community?
The New Zealand Fire Service has over 400 stations and 10,000 paid and volunteer staff spread throughout the country. It responds to a wide range of emergencies and is focused on the fire safety and prevention in New Zealand communities.
The Fire Information Unit (FIU) is part of the National Risk Reduction team responsible for the fire mitigation strategies carried out by the New Zealand Fire Service. It is a focal point for relevant enquiries and a customer liaison service to stakeholders and the general public.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can lead a small team of FIU coordinators to provide timely processing of evacuation schemes and active engagement with customers.
- Have experienced leadership and management skills for a team environment
- Be able to develop best business practices and procedures
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work and motivate in a legislative environment
- Have a strong customer service focus
- Be enthusiastic, inspiring and committed to the continuous improvement of your team
As Team Leader of the Fire Information Unit you will have the opportunity to:
- Build a team of staff who are engaged and customer service driven
- Create an innovative and solution-based Fire Information Unit
- Be a part of something greater – improving the safety of New Zealanders
If you want to take your skills and experience to the next level and make a difference in communities throughout New Zealand, contact us today!
How to apply
Send any enquires to Andrea Fisher: Andrea.Fisher@fire.org.nz
Applications close: 9am, Monday, 1 September 2014
National Procurement Manager
- Are you passionate about procurement?
- Shape your future in a community focussed organisation
- Be part of a successful and professional team
Utilise your considerable procurement management skills and experience where you can make a difference for one of New Zealand's leading emergency service organisations.
The New Zealand Fire Service is a responsive service that has around 62,000 callouts per year. We have more than 400 fire stations throughout New Zealand with around 1,700 career, 9,000 volunteer firefighters, and over 500 support staff, who dedicate themselves to our vision of leading integrated fire and emergency services for a safer New Zealand and our mission to reduce the incidence and consequence of fire and to provide a professional response to other emergencies.
With a team of four procurement specialists, the National Procurement Manager is responsible for maximising value for money in the procurement of goods and services and minimising commercial risk and exposure for the New Zealand Fire Service.
To be successful you will have:
- significant relationship management skills
- sound contract management and project planning experience
- proven negotiation ability
- experience in leading and managing staff
How to apply
Please send completed applications to:
Closing date: 9.00 am, Wednesday 19 August 2014