To work for the New Zealand Fire Service you need to be a permanent resident of New Zealand or have a current work permit. Australian citizens can work freely in New Zealand. Please refer to the New Zealand Immigration Service for further information.
Planning & Intelligence Officer (Wellington)
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and experienced data analyst to join our Planning and Performance team and demonstrate your skills and experience whilst working alongside a professional and experienced team dedicated to providing quality information to assist the region’s firefighters in protecting their communities.
The Planning and Intelligence Officer’s key function is to co-ordinate and maintain the region’s response data consisting of beat lists, response plans, paging call signs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and zone data, ensuring adherence to national data standards and consistency of resourcing/response in line with national policy.
The Planning and Performance Team provides assistance and expert advice at a regional level, to help them achieve efficiency in service delivery. The unit helps drive improvement through effective business planning and performance monitoring at region, area, and brigade levels.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating data change processes for the region:
- Reviewing fire district boundaries and zone boundaries
- Appliance response lists
- Response plans
- Maintaining the region’s response data, ensuring adherence to national data standards and consistency of resourcing/response in line with national policy
- Maintaining relationships with Communications Centres, Area Managers and Area Data Coordinators to review response data
- Working with the Planning and Performance Team to develop operational procedures that align and support national procedures
- Undertaking other duties consistent with the position as may be directed from time to time by the Planning and Performance Manager
To successfully fill the role you will ideally:
- Be competent using Information Technology including: MS Office suite of applications
- Have the ability to identify and utilise data sets and information resources relevant to Fire Service business
- Have excellent attention to detail and an ability to input and review a variety of complex data to a very high standard of accuracy
As an employer, NZFS is committed to providing an enjoyable and challenging work environment and a focus on ongoing personal development.
How to Apply
For more information about this role, please contact Lliam Munro on 04 439 7894 or send your completed pack including your CV and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Planning & Intelligence Application' in the subject line.
Applications close: Monday 27 October 2014.