To work for the New Zealand Fire Service you need to be a permanent resident of New Zealand or have a current work permit. Australian citizens can work freely in New Zealand. Please refer to the New Zealand Immigration Service for further information.
06 / 2017
Applications are sought for the position of Finance Officer within the Finance Accounts Payable Department at National Headquarters.
The purpose of the Finance Officer is to facilitate the timely processing of invoices and other payments to suppliers and internal customers, and to offer support and training to internal users of the Approval Plus system.
This role needs to ensure a high level of service ethos is delivered at all times.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- A thorough knowledge of modern office administration procedures and best practice
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting systems and practice
- Prior experience in an Accounts Payable role, or similar
- A thorough understanding of automated Accounts Payable systems, preferably Approval Plus
- Confidence and ability to train others in person or by phone, in the Approval Plus system
Applicants for the above position should have a keen desire to join a motivated team that is committed to success and thrives on challenges.
How to apply
Send completed application form along with supporting documents by email to:
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 30th Jan 2017
02 / 2017
Our Property Management team is involved in a number of projects across the country, with a key piece of work being our redevelopment and new builds in Christchurch. We have a vacancy in the team for a Property Project Manager who will work closely with Wellington and Christchurch colleagues to provide technical advice and project management services.
This role is based in Wellington. A requirement of this role is regular travel to others parts of New Zealand.
This is a client facing project manager role which is the vector between each project and our internal stakeholders. Working alongside our main contractors, architects and engineers, you will need strong technical skills, significant experience in the property and construction industry, and experience in the state sector managing medium to large sized projects.
Managing the time, cost, scope, quality and safety aspects of our projects requires someone who understands just how important managing relationships is. You’ll need to really get involved and seek to understand first, before attempting to be understood by others.
Previous experience in an emergency service will be an advantage because of the uniqueness of our industry and the challenges it brings to a role like this.
Alongside professional consultants and key stakeholders, you will manage projects from start to finish, from conceptual and preliminary design, to construction, through to handover and occupation along with maintenance and warranty periods
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant project management, architectural, engineering or property qualification
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying value and complexity
- Thorough understanding of building and property legislation, regulations and codes, including Treaty of Waitangi obligations
- Understanding of government contract tendering processes
- Well developed stakeholder relationship management skills
- Superb planning and organising skills
- Strong ability to lead, motivate and influence change
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply
Please send your completed application to:
National Property Manager,
Applications close: 9.00am on Tuesday 7 February 2017