To work for the New Zealand Fire Service you need to be a permanent resident of New Zealand or have a current work permit. Australian citizens can work freely in New Zealand. Please refer to the New Zealand Immigration Service for further information.
71 / 2016
Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager
Fixed Term role
- 12 month fixed term role
- Varied work
- Coach and mentor others
- Make a difference
About the organisation
The New Zealand Fire Service (NZFS) is a technologically advanced, responsive fire service that has around 62,000 callouts per year. There are almost 500 stations throughout New Zealand with around 1,700 career and 8,000+ volunteer firefighters, and over 500 support staff, who dedicate themselves to preventing fires and protecting the communities they live in from the dangers of fire. Our vision is to work with communities to protect what they value and our mission is to reduce the incidence and consequence of fire and to provide a professional response to other emergencies
About the role
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality Business Analysis and Project Management support to NZFS. This includes not only taking the lead on your own projects, but also mentoring and supporting others to successfully design and implement projects.
Duties & responsibilities
- See the big picture while taking care of the detail
- Focus on ensuring that solutions will work for our people - paid and volunteer
- Provide Business analysis and project management expertise to support the business
- Able to take a practical approach to supporting a newly introduced project management framework and methodology.
- Able to travel within New Zealand when required
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated experience and competence in Project management and Business Analysis methodology
- Successful delivery and implementation of projects
- Project management/ Business Analysis qualifications preferred
How to Apply
Send your Application Pack, CV and covering letter to -
Karl Potter firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm on Tuesday 31 May 2016
Manager Incident Management Training
National Training Centre, Rotorua
An exciting opportunity to use your high level skills and experience in incident management to influence the way we develop and refresh our officers in this key skill.
- Key role in Officer Development Team
- Good exposure
- Professional development in the role
Based at the National Training Centre this position is a key member of the Officer Development Team. You will lead a small but dedicated team in developing and delivering incident management training, predominantly through computer aided simulation. Your influence will impact volunteer and career tactical command training, officer development and TAPS courses, career SSO assessments and wider organisational functions such as Region Coordination Centres. As we move towards our new organisation, and with a preference to be working more closely with partner agencies and other emergency services - this job will be busy, and equally rewarding.
The ideal applicant will…
- Hold or be working towards relevant NZFS qualifications at Executive Officer Level (or equivalent).
- Have sound command and control experience.
- Be experienced in training and adult education, with an emphasis on the delivery of operational training
- Have excellent time management, planning and budgeting skills.
- Be able to effectively lead a diverse team positioned across the country.
So if you’re looking for a challenge and a chance to influence the quality of our front line officers, this position may well be for you. You will be supported into the role and will become an integral member of a supportive team.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please:
- Download an application pack [178KB]
- Download the self assessment [888KB]
- Download the position description [318KB]
For more information about this role please email Paige.Clarke@fire.org.nz
Send your completed application form along with supporting documents to:
Applications close on Friday, 3rd June 2016 at 5pm.
Business Support 0.5 FTE
Region 1 Area 3 (Waitemata Area)
About the Company
The New Zealand Fire Service is a technologically advanced, responsive fire service that has around 62,000 callouts per year. There are almost 500 stations throughout New Zealand with around 1,700 career and 8,000+ volunteer firefighters, and over 500 support staff, who dedicate themselves to preventing fires and protecting the communities they live in from the dangers of fire. Our vision is to work with communities to protect what they value and our mission is to reduce the incidence and consequence of fire and to provide a professional response to other emergencies.
About the role
Applications are sought from suitably qualified people to provide business support to Waitemata Fire Area. This is a part-time (20 hours per week) role based at Waitemata Area Office.
The successful candidate will be part of a team, working to introduce new and improved business processes within the organisation.
Duties & responsibilities
The main purpose of the role is to provide general and financial administrative support to Waitemata Fire Area, with responsibility for implementing and maintaining national administration processes and systems.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional time management skills
- Experience and thorough knowledge of modern office administration procedures and systems
- Accounts receivable and payable and an understanding of budget processes
- Sound communication skills, both verbal and written
- Full competency in the MS Office suite of applications
- A motivated, flexible and proactive attitude
- The ability to work as an effective and collaborative team member
How to apply
Please send your application form, CV and cover letter to:
(09) 354 5170
Applications close 5.00pm, Thursday 26 May 2016
Office of the Chief Executive
National Communications Team
Exciting role within the NZ Fire Service, opportunity to utilise your knowledge within a supportive team and make a real difference to the business!
- Central Wellington location
- Unique industry
- Great team
The New Zealand Fire Service is a technologically advanced, responsive fire service that responded to almost 73,000 incidents in the last financial year. There are almost 500 stations throughout New Zealand with around 1,700 career and 8,000+ volunteer firefighters, and over 500 support staff, who dedicate themselves to preventing fires and protecting the community in times of emergency. Our vision is to lead integrated fire and emergency services for a safer New Zealand.
We currently have a permanent role for an experienced Communications Advisor with strong experience in a range of communications disciplines and strategic relationship management. This is role is one of four in our account management team, which takes a structured and strategic relationship management approach to meeting the communications requirements of divisions in the organisation.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Planning, delivering and measuring a range of communication initiatives for your work portfolios,
- Translating strategic requirements into executable, measurable communications initiatives,
- Providing ongoing advice and support to your work portfolios on audience, channel and content,
- Understanding the, current and future communication needs and strategic direction of your portfolios,
- Supporting the continued development of the Account Management function ,such as templates, processes and reporting cycles
You’ll need intermediate experience across a wide range of communications disciplines including brand, stakeholder management and internal communications. You’ll also need:
- Sound working knowledge of communication impact measurement techniques and approaches
- Qualifications in Communications, Marketing or similar disciplines
- Intermediate experience in a strategic internal or external relationship management role
- Demonstrated strategic approach to problem-solving and needs identification
- Demonstrated project management skills across multiple projects and diverse resources
The position description sets this out in more detail.
So if you’re looking for chance to put your diverse skill set to use in an organisation dedicated to helping our communities, then we’ll provide you with a unique opportunity to utilise your knowledge.
How to apply
For more information about this role please email email@example.com or phone: (04) 04 474 4822
Send completed application form along with supporting documents to Nichola Oakenfull by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 12 noon Monday 23 May 2016